Patients who follow the program to the exact specifications have the best outcomes. The program does not last long, so most patients do not report difficulty following it. Within a few days of beginning the program, patients do not feel significantly hungry on the 500 calorie diet.
- Be intentional with everything you eat, including spices and medications
- It is recommended that you consume beef no more than 2-3 times per week
- Choose organic foods as often as possible
- Organic foods do not contain pesticides/hormone additives which can interfere with this diet.
While some may lose weight while cheating the program specifications, it should be noted that these patients would have likely lost much more weight if they followed the program. For most, cheating leads to weight gain.
Cheating examples: mixing vegetables, using prohibited spices, having salsa, and drinking alcohol.
For success in the program, you need a:
- Digital bathroom scale that measures in increments of 0.1 pounds
- Patients will weigh themselves everyday and record it appropriately.
- Food scale that measures in grams
- Food is weighed before cooking and will be measured in grams.
The program is divided into 4 stages.
Phase I is Detox and lasts 3 weeks. You can expect to lose 5 – 20 pounds during this phase.
This phase is not required, but based on today’s conditions it is highly recommended.
It consists of a series of do’s and don’ts (the goals listed previously) and a list of foods you can and can’t eat. The Detox Supplement is recommended for 14 days and is included as part of the program purchase that prepares your body for success.
This phase addresses and corrects many of the new underlying causes of obesity that Dr. Simeons did not contend with in the 1950’s and 1960’s. If you skip this phase or do it halfheartedly, you will still achieve results in Phase II. However, if you do this phase well, you will greatly increase your ability to get weight off faster and easier, and you will increase your ability to keep the weight off permanently and eliminate food cravings in the future.
Phase II is the HCG injection phase. It lasts anywhere from 23-42 days, depending upon your prescription, and you can expect to lose 0.5 – 1 pound per day. It includes a 500 calorie diet.
This phase MUST be done by prescription, and under the supervision of a licensed health care practitioner. During this phase, you will weigh yourself everyday and record it. (Lose It! is a great App on smart phones).
Phase III is Recovery, lasting for 3 weeks. You may continue to lose a few more pounds each week. It includes a 1200-1500 calorie diet. This phase, if successfully followed, should reset the hypothalamus and the the body weight set point. You’ll continue to weigh yourself everyday and document the weight during Phase III.
- Resets metabolism to a high normal state
- Eliminates future intense and constant hunger
- Prevents the abnormal future storing of fat in the visceral problem area fat reserves of the body
Stage IV is maintenance. You usually do not lose or gain weight during this phase. As you start Phase IV, you will realize it is a whole new life.
Many clients have said the HCG diet was the best thing they have ever done. You will eat normal small amounts of food and be perfectly satisfied and full. This phase will consist of some basic and easy to follow do’s and don’ts that will become your new and exciting habits.
These new habits will replace your old habits:
- Walk 20-30 minutes per day
- Drink ½-1 gallon of filtered water per day
- Eat organic as much as possible
- Eat 3 fruits per day (3 snacks)
- Eat 3 meals per day
- Stay away from fast food
- Do a Detox (like in Phase I) annually
- Use Stevia as your sweetener of choice
- Use organic virgin coconut oil as often as possible
- Sleep 8 hours per night
- Drink organic tea
- Do resistance training as often as possible
- Listen to stress reducing CDs
- Limit carbonated drinks
- No super highly refined sugars
No farm raised fish